[sg_popup id=”805″ event=”onLoad”][/sg_popup]
Individually we have little clout, but united we can bring about needed change. Our loved ones with mental illnesses are not inferior human beings. They deserve a chance in our society. We can make the difference in their lives.
NAMI Atlantic/Cape provides support, encouragement, education, advocacy and a caring atmosphere to help with problems that can be overwhelming if faced alone.
Our goals are:
• To support and encourage families to deal successfully with the problems of their family members or loved ones who have a mental illness as well as those who have a co-occurring substance abuse problem;
• To learn more about our local and state mental health systems: how they work, how to use them gainfully, and how to change them;
• To follow new research and treatment possibilities;
• To join with similar groups throughout the State and Nation in identifying and working for improved treatment and resources;
• To advocate for and support legislation to improve programs and research in the field of mental health;
• To work to develop adequate aftercare services, especially a mental health court, residential alternatives, and employment opportunities; and
• To provide the Family-to-Family Education Course each spring and fall. This nationally-acclaimed 12-week class is provided at no cost to families dealing with a mental illness. Membership is not required to attend. Check our “Events Calendar” on this website for dates and the Family-to-Family brochure under the heading “Affiliate Brochures” for more information.
In our efforts to provide best-in-class wellness resources, we at NAMI Atlantic/Cape May are proud to announce our partnership with Psych Hub, the trusted resource for mental health. Mental Health impacts everyone, and we are dedicated to providing clinically sound and engaging education for our community.
Psych Hub Video Library
Psych Hub offers an extensive video library, providing evidence-based education on mental health, substance use, and suicide prevention.
We are excited to share these videos with you.
To access our video collection visit Psych Hub.
Join us in our efforts to educate and empower individuals, change the conversation and decrease stigma.
|Health Library||Support NAMI A/C!||News from NIMH|
|Find Self-Help Groups/Meetings (Click Below)|